The Zipp 808’s, with its Firecrest rim technology, offers superb aero performance, straight-line sprinting stiffness, great stability in crosswinds and are ideal for climbing. Also being lightweight, they deliver precise handling on tricky descents and crisp accelerations when the pressure is on.
Firecrest moves the center of pressure of the wheel backwards, giving the 45mm-deep rim the crosswind stability of a box-section rim. At the same time, the 26.4mm-wide brake track (at center) allows the clincher tyre to take on a wider, more stable shape without compromising rolling resistance.
Includes newly designed quick-release skewers with a wider more ergonomic handle to provide more leverage for opening and closing. When closed, lever contours neatly with the frame.
- 82mm deep for superior aerodynamics
- Firecrest Rim Technology provides world class handling and stability
- Aero performance, Sprinting stiffness, Light enough for the highest climbs, Stable in the Crosswinds
- Borderless decal options are lighter
- Wheel weight: unknown
- Rim material: carbon
- Rim type: clincher
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Rim width: 27.5mm
- Hub: Zipp 77
- Spoke count: 18
- Spokes: CX-Ray, black
- Bearings: cartridge, stainless steel
- Max rider weight: 250Ibs
- Max tyre pressure: 125psi
- Wheel Size: 700c (622)
- Rim Depth: Deep
- Road: Yes